Top 3 Travel Kettles Available On Amazon!
It’s sad to imagine that you’ll not have your coffee or tea the way you like when you’re away from home for a vacation or adventure but with a portable travel kettle, you can carry the nostalgic experiences anywhere. However, it’s hard to know the best travel kettle with so many brands and models in the market.
The best travel kettle is the KOXHOX Foldable Electric Tea Kettle. This kettle is light and collapsible, which helps save space when traveling. Its 600 watts speeds up boiling time to 5 minutes and it is ideal for domestic and international travel.
This article is for you if you’re looking for a travel kettle as it reviews the four best travel kettles and the features that make them stand out. You’ll also find some qualities to consider when buying a travel kettle. Let’s dive in.
The Best: KOXHOX Foldable Electric Tea Kettle
The Foldable Electric Tea Kettle Food Grade from KoxHox is portable and easy to use. It has a capacity of 0.6 L (600 ml) and a voltage of 600 watts, making it boil water in around five minutes. When you’re in a hurry, this kettle helps to save time.
The silicone Foldable Electric Tea Kettle Food Grade is free of Bisphenol A (BPA). BPA-free silicone keeps you from the risks of heart diseases, blood pressure, and type 2 diabetes.
This travel kettle is collapsible and has a removable power cord for convenient travel. It is easy to pack and reduces your travel baggage.
This kettle has an auto switch-off feature for safety purposes that turns off when water boils. Also, the lid is sturdy to prevent water from spilling.
- Simple design: After folding, the kettle measures 182 x 132 x 97 mm (7.16 x 5.19 x 3.81 in), which makes it small enough to carry. The lid opening is large and makes it easy to wash the kettle.
- Fast boiling: 600W power makes water boil in three to five minutes, saving time
- Automatic power off: This safety feature switches the kettle off to prevent over-boiling and dry boiling.
- Silicone smell: When the kettle is still new, the silicone smell may linger in the water, making your drinks less enjoyable. However, you can remove the odor by boiling 2 grams (0.07 oz) of beverage such as black tea and letting it remain in the kettle for 2-3 hours.
Family Travel: Azeus Electric Kettle
The Azeus Electric Kettle is suitable for family travel because it has a capacity of 1.8 L or 7.5 cups. It takes only 7 minutes to boil thanks to its 1500 watts of power. So, your family will not have to wait for long until you serve tea or coffee.
The kettle features stainless steel and a BPA-free plastic double wall that protects the inside from cracking. It also regulates heat by keeping the outer wall cooler than the inside. This helps keep water warm for one hour after boiling, unlike other kettles.
This kettle should be on your buying list if you like combining style and function. Its exterior is shiny and illuminates bicolor in the LED light.
- Autopower protection: Once the water boils, the kettle’s in-built British model thermostat turns off to prevent accidents. It also prevents dry boiling.
- Health safety: Although the exterior wall has plastic material, there is no place where water gets in touch. Stainless steel covers the interior and prevents water from contacting the plastic. So, you should not worry about plastic chemicals.
- Easy to wash: The kettle measures 7.87 x 7.09 x 9.84 inches (19.98 x 18 x 24.99 cm), allowing a human hand to fit and scrub inside.
- Noisy: The kettle makes noise while boiling water
- Not ideal for international travel: The kettle power outlet design is for US residents only. If you travel abroad, you must change the adapter to match your destination’s outlet.
Car Travel: S SUNSBELL Car Kettle Boiler
If you want to drive while making your coffee or tea, you should consider the Car Kettle Boiler Sunsbell. This kettle uses the car cigarette lighter to boil water. So, compared to other kettles, it takes longer to bring water to boiling. Its capacity of 0.65L (650 ml) takes around 45 to 50 minutes to boil.
This kettle does not have an automatic thermostat to switch off when water boils. You have to monitor the progress manually and turn off the cigarette lighter when the water boils. However, it has an indicator that lights red when water is below 1000C, and green water is at or above 1000C.
While the kettle is not suitable for every car, it works well in any vehicle with 12V and a cup holder. Using the kettle at a higher voltage can cause the fuse to blow.
For safety, you should operate the kettle on a flat surface and keep the lid rubber tightly corked when boiling water.
- 12-month warranty: If your Car Kettle Boiler Sunsbell malfunctions within the first 12 months, you can return it to the seller for replacement. A warranty acts as a guarantee that the product is quality.
- Noise: the kettle does not make noise while boiling water
- Convenient: It allows you to boil water in the comfort of your car
- It has no automatic power off: Failing to monitor the water can lead to accidents when the water boils for long. There’s a high chance of accidents occurring.
- Not usable in all vehicles: Only vehicles with 12V can use this kettle
Most Durable: Eglaf Portable Mini Stainless Steel Travel Kettle
If you’re looking for a travel kettle that’ll last long, you should consider the Eglaf Portable Mini Stainless Steel travel kettle. Stainless steel covers its interior and the lid ensures your water does not come in contact with the exterior plastic.
The kettle has a capacity of 0.5 L (500 ml) and a diameter of 10 cm (3.93 in), which is wide enough for cleaning inside. Its unique model allows you to remove the cord, the handle, and the base making it easy to store while traveling.
It takes approximately five minutes to boil water, thanks to its 800 watts. For safety purposes, the kettle has an automatic shut-off feature that switches the power off when the water boils. The kettle is ideal for any occasion. You can use it for cooking eggs and noodles.
- Durable: Steel is one of the most durable metals, which makes the kettle sturdy and gives it life. It can withstand extreme conditions and remain attractive.
- Safe: The kettle auto shut-off feature prevents accidents from happening when water boils in your absence. Also, the steel covering avoids the taste leeching you get with other materials.
- It’s portable: It is possible to disconnect the cord, base, and handle, which makes it easy to pack as you travel.
- Small volume: Although the kettle lasts long, it has a small capacity of 500 ml which is not enough for two or more people.
- Not convenient for international use: The kettle’s plug is not compatible with countries outside the US. You may need to change the adapter while traveling outside the US.
Things That Make a Good Travel Kettle
Everyone has a preference when buying items. However, while buying a travel kettle, there are some attributes you should pay significant attention to:
- Portability: Ensure the kettle you choose can comfortably fit your travel bag. You can opt for a foldable or a collapsible kettle as both can easily fit in a suitcase. Also, go for a lightweight kettle not exceeding one pound.
- Boiling speed and safety: The faster the kettle boils, the better. And having a safety feature to auto switch off makes it less risky.
Nothing makes your travel more enjoyable than carrying the warm feeling of your favorite beverage. Travel kettles come in all sizes and shapes and can give you that privilege. While shopping for one, you should assess its features to ensure it serves your travel needs.